5.31.2015

Serenity


Hello Friends! I seem to be back into a groove of creating and posting on Sundays! Feels good to create.

One of my special customers from work was sick a couple of months back and I made a card for everyone to sign and sent it out to him. When he got well, he came by and asked if I had made the card and I said yes. Well, he loved it so much, he asked me if I could make him a dozen of assorted cards and he would pay me. Now, I really am not into selling my cards. I just feel that you can never get the money for all the time that you put into them. Personally, I'd rather give them away. And I also did not want to commit to such a large order. I know twelve doesn't sound like much but, I don't really make clean and simple cards and I try to put as much detail into them as possible. However, he is also a long-time friend of our family and he has been so wonderful to call or send cards to my Mom during her times of illness that I just couldn't say no to him. So, last Sunday I created the first of a dozen cards for this special order. Today I am sharing the second one.

My card this week was inspired by May 2015 Viva la Verve Sketch Week 5.
Created with Verve Serenity Stamp Set (Archived)
Cardstock colors used in my card are Pool Party and River Rock from Stampin' Up!®. I used a patterned paper from a KAISERCRAFT paper pad called On This Day. It has some really beautiful soft tones in it. I stamped the leaves from the Serenity stamp set onto the patterned paper using the River Rock ink. The base of the card is pre-made by Recollections. I sponged the edges of the papers with Pool Party after distressing the edges lightly.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a blessed week!

17 comments:

  1. love that sentiment and on that beautiful die Jennipher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiment and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card of encouragement, Jennipher! I love the delicate colors and the wonderful framing of the serenity prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful when someone is touched by the expressive and beautiful cards you create! I'm glad you're doing this for him, because I'm sure the recipients will be pleasantly surprised to receive such lovely cards made with your hands! This is beautiful and I love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. I love your way of creating such a gorgeous card. Every detail adds to it's beauty! And, the sentiments are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soft and beautiful card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a comforting and touching card. I bet your friend was beyond grateful for your time and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love the ribbon stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty and inspiring card! I love how you stamped on the background paper, that is such a unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful- I love the Serenity prayer in Kraft on the soft blue you used, and I also love the layout with the three strips of ribbons. You are blessed to have special friends and they are blessed to receive your works of art in a card form!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Beautiful! I love the distressing and the ribbon at an angle! Simple and powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennipher, this is just as lovely as can be! What a refreshing message, too :) Lovely color combo and card design! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jennipher! I just wanted to stop by and say hi and to see what you're up to. As always, such inspiration and beauty here on your blog. I hope you are feeling and doing well. Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. I love the way you used the ribbon. Beautiful sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jennipher!
    Your cards are always SO amazing, and these are no exception. I would absolutely LOVE to have you stop by Word Art Wednesday to fellowship and play along with us in our challenge. I would also like to have you email me if you're interested in Guest Designing for me. I'd be honored to have you.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet, love the punched border around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking your precious time to leave me a comment. You have blessed my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...