1.24.2014

Garden Fronds

 The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
~Isaiah 58:11

Hello friends! Today I am sharing a card that I designed for the Classy Cards N Such Store. It was inspired by our challenge this week which is to use a stencil on your card. I sure hope you will play along with us.





I started my card with a pre-made Kraft card base from Recollections. I cut a piece of white cardstock that was 1/4 inch smaller on all sides than the base. Using a low tack tape I secured the Memory Box Garden Fronds stencil to the white cardstock. Using the Dreamweaver's Paste Spreader, I scooped out some Translucent Embossing Paste and spread it over the stencil. Using the edge of the spreader, I smoothed the paste down and removed any excess and put it back into the jar.

Now, it's time for the fun to begin! I removed all the tape and slowly lifted up the stencil. I saw a lovely white paste imprint of the Garden Fronds. Next, using some chunky glitter I had in my stash from Stampin' Up!®, I covered the white paste with glitter. Once I was certain I had all the paste covered, I turned the cardstock over and tapped off the excess. Oh how pretty the reveal was!

Once I was certain the glitter and paste were set, I distressed the edges of the white cardstock and then inked them withVersaMagic chalk ink. In the bottom right corner, I stamped a little sentiment. One that is perfect to brighten anyone's day.

Sentiment from Verve Stamps: Small Phrases




Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to join the challenge at Classy Cards N Such Blog. You can save 10% off your entire purchase at Classy Cards N Such by using my discount code: JENNIPHER-10. If you would like to get prepared for future Classy Cards N Such challenges please check out the challenge calendar. This is a new challenge that just started this year and each week is a wonderful product prize!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

The ABC Challenge: D is for Dazzle
2 Creative Chicks: Anything Goes
Card and Scrap: Use Bling 
Dreamtime Designs: A New Technique: stencils and embossing paste
The Crafting Cafe: Anything Goes 
4 Crafty Chicks: Bling
4 Crafty Girls: Anything Goes







12 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. Love the simple but elegant look! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! Good luck and please pay with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet stunning! Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card love the simple image and glitter -thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am thinking you have a great new blog redo. It is so nice and fresh looking. I love pink and green together. Your card is beautiful, love the image and the glitter is gorgeous on those ferns. Hope your feeling well, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! I love the new technique!!
    Thanks for joining us at Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge.
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap!
    DT Unni A

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just Stunning, Jennipher! I love the dark green sparkle on the white background. So simple, yet so elegant. I haven't tried the paste and glitter technique yet. One more to add to my list. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment. I hope all is well with you and your mom. You are in my prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card :=) love the simplicity and the effect of the green sparkling on the white :=)
    Thanks for joining us at card and scrap
    DT-Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card JennipherI I haven't used stencil paste for a while - you may have prompted me to have another go :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card Jennipher - I love it :)

    Love Anne from The Fairy Bridge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very beautiful with all that chunky glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking your precious time to leave me a comment. You have blessed my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...