8.25.2014

Classy Cards N Such: Thankful for You

Hello blogging friends! I'm here today with a card created for the Classy Cards N Such Challenge. Our challenge this week is "Sunflower Inspired".
As soon as I saw this challenge I knew that I would be pulling out my French Country designer paper by Graphic 45. I literally am in love with every single sheet in this paper pad! 



I started with a 4.25 x 5.5 cardstock base. I distressed the edges of the sunflower paper from the French Country paper pad to add to my card base. Next using Lattice Rectangles by Spellbinders and white cardstock, I die-cut a lovely rectangle to stamp my sunflower on. I colored it and then added a green bling rectangle from the Blue/Green Lattice Rectangles Nestabling around the sunflower and just inside the lattice edges. I added some Mustard Seed Distress Ink around the lattice edges.

For my next layer, I used the opposite side of the sunflower paper and a slightly darker cardstock to create a long rectangle. I glued the pieces together and then ran them through my Cuttlebug with the Anna Griffin Matelasse embossing folder. I love the weaved appearance you get from this folder. It makes my sunflower appear as if it is poking out over a fence.

For finishing touches, I used the Teramo Labels from Memory Box to die-cut a label to stamp my sentiment on. These lovely little label die-cuts are perfect for stamping small sentiments on and there are two other sets that Beverly carries in the store. I own them all and will be showcasing more of them at a later date. 


The stamp set I have used today is from Gina K Designs. It is a Stamp Set Duo called Thankful for you.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today and feel inspired to join the challenge. Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful treatment on your die cut and I love the double bow of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Jennipher, I'm in love with that sunflower paper! Lovely image, fab die cut frame, and the is marvelous. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card design and love how the paper works so wonderfully with the theme and colors of Fall. It is gorgeous paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennipher,

    You certainly did a fantastic job with this challenge! Your sunflower with coordinating background paper is stunning. I love your rectangle of bling - something different. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely.. Beautiful design and I am loving that design paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very gorgeous card. I love the beautiful Graphic 45 paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I really love this! Everything goes together perfectly! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. You picked the proper challenge for this beauty. Excellent creation. - Jim

    The Sunflower: Their open faces symbolize the sun itself, conveying warmth and happiness, adoration and longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by to drop some love, hoping everything is doing alright! Hugs. Gracie.
    PS: Love your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking your precious time to leave me a comment. You have blessed my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...