3.29.2015

Healing, in the Name of Our Lord

Today I am sharing a card with you that was inspired by two challenges.

For The Shining Light Challenge, I chose to go with a religious theme and add a few flowers for spring.
Using Hope stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs
I needed this card to be somewhat masculine as I was creating it for my brother who was diagnosed with lung cancer this week. So, I chose to stick with neutrals. I used a lot of white because that is the awareness ribbon color for lung cancer. It originally was a clear ribbon to symbolize air being clear but many people did not notice the ribbons so they changed it to white. I like the white because to me it symbolizes the purity of air the Lord will fill my brother's lungs with when He HEALS him!

The cross-cut out background was created using my Cricut Expression and a new cartridge called Edge to Edge. I was really excited to find this because I am loving all those intricate die-cut backgrounds that I am seeing everyone use but, I'm not really wanting to make an investment in those just yet. The long banner was also cut with Cricut using the Phrases cartridge. I then ran it through a Spellbinders embossing folder that has gorgeous crosses and swirls in it.

I'd also like to share this with the fine ladies over at Word Art Wednesday.

Thanks for blessing me with your presence at my little corner of the web.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jennipher, I'm so sorry about your brothers diagnosis. Hopefully prayers along with beautiful cards like this will pull him through. The lattice work is just stunning and the colors are perfectly masculine too. Be strong for him, he's going to need your strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, encouraging card for your brother. Such beautiful texture on your wonderful design. May his faith and the prayers of family and friends bring him courage and strength as he fights to get well. Hugs to you, Jennipher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card you created for your brother. And, the sentiment is sure to bring him hope and faith to fight this diagnosis. God grant him courage too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, so sorry to hear about your brother. I pray he feels the presence of the Lord with him during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful- I love the cut-out background with the crosses, and the embossed panel on top of the BG is a perfect backdrop for the beautiful scripture. I am so sorry for your brother's new diagnosis- it is not just your brother's diagnosis, is it? Will keep him and the rest of your family in prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking your precious time to leave me a comment. You have blessed my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...