12.09.2014

Christmas with ODBD Stamps & The Deconstructed Sketch

Hi Everyone! I'm here today with a card that was inspired by the Shining Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs to create a Christmas card using their stamps.

I also was inspired by The Deconstructed Sketch No. 179. This was my first time playing along with The Deconstructed Sketch but, I don't think it will be my last. Here is the sketch...





Now for my card...
For my card I chose to work with the Poinsettia Wreath stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs. My patterned paper is from Graphic 45: The Twelve Days of Christmas. I used some pre-made borders from K&Co. that I had in my stash from a couple of years ago for the paper strips. I cut out my square using Lacy Squares from Spellbinders and added some Liquid Pearls as well as Cherry Cobbler ink around the border. I colored the image with Copics, which I am still desperately trying to get the hang of for several years now. LOL The truth is I just don't use line art images that often so, I don't get enough practice. To be honest, line art images intimidate me.

Well, I hope you like my card and if you haven't tried either one of these challenges you should!

Be Blessed,

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Jennipher what a beautiful Christmas card! I just love this wreath, and I love the bow you've added! Beautiful take on the sketch, and I love the scalloped border with the pearls! It's wonderful to have you join us once again for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! We've missed you, sweet friend! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jennipher. I love your distressed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jennipher! Loving that design paper. I know what you mean about coloring with copics, I am still learning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the wreath and added sparkle. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jennipher, it is so nice to see you in the challenge!! I sure hope all is well with you and also with your Mom!
    It has been a while since we have talked.

    Your card is beautiful with the vibrant and beautifully colored wreath, the scalloped edge and the pearls!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at ODBD. You have been missed my friend!! Have a blessed Christmas!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennipher! Your card is just beautiful and I think you did a fine job with the Copics! I love the strips of dsp behind that pretty wreath image and the touches of distressing look fantastic! Wishing you a very merry Christmas season!! Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a delightful and festive beauty Jennipher! Fabulous coloring and fabulous design with this sketch! Love the pearls that add to the beauty! Thanks for joining us at ODBD! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card and love the gorgeous wreath image
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking your precious time to leave me a comment. You have blessed my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...