2.01.2015

Mojo 382: Be Still My Heart

Hello again! Second post for tonight. This is becoming a regular Sunday evening habit. I've got to start crafting more doing the week.

This week's Mojo Monday sketch was a 'tall & skinny' one. I usually shy away from these sketches because the tall & skinny part intimidates me. However, I promised myself that for 2015 I would broaden my crafting horizons (oh boy)!
Here is my first tall & skinny card.
I decided to go with the 3.5 x 5.5 version of the skinny card and I chose to create a skinny Valentine. I did include all the layers that are on the sketch but because I used black and coordinating paper, it has all blended together. My tiny sentiment is from Verve's Flirty Phrases (retired). It was stamped on a tag that a created using the Tags #1 from Sizzix Sizzlets. Does anyone remember those as well as the Sizzix Sidekick? I remember when I first started scrapbooking I couldn't afford the Original Sizzix so I bought the sidekick and every chance I got I would purchase a pack of the Sizzlets. (I still have every single one of those things, too.) That was such a big purchase back then! (LOL) Who would've guessed that years later I would have two Cricut machines, a Cuttlebug and companies would be making matching dies for stamps. My how the industry has grown! I also never thought I would be a cardmaker. Oh-no, not me! I was all about creating on that 12x12 canvas and it has taken me a long time to get accustomed to the smaller canvas of the card.

Sorry for babbling on. Feeling nostalgic tonight.

God Bless and have an absolutely awesome week!

4 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love that big heart doily. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! This is stunning Jennipher, awesome design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I have been working on Valentine's Day cards too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning tall card! I love the vivid red heart, and all of the beautiful embellishments you added! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking your precious time to leave me a comment. You have blessed my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...